Well great weather this afternoon and a good day’s photography. Went to Drift Reservoir to see if I could locate and photograph the Osprey. I did bump into Adrian Langdon there, and he said the bird would appear if he left and he was right, lol. Good call Adrian!!! Anyhow I first saw the Osprey about 3.45pm where it had about four attempts at fishing without success. The bird then re-appeared about 5pm for another go. This time a catch was gained on the third attempt. A little distant for the camera at first but some nice record shots later as the bird flew closer to my spot. First time I have photographed an Osprey and it didn’t disappoint, lots of action to remember from the fantastic display by this majestic bird. Right onto the pictures, not all the best one’s,but I wanted to give a sense of “The Hunt” as I seen it.
CopyrightAll images on this site are the property of Bob Sharples Photography, please do not right click, download images, etc without my permission. Any unauthorised use will be deemed as a breech of copyright and pursued as such. Images are available to purchase for more info see the about me page and visit the image store A larger selection of images are available on my site www.bobsharplesphotography.co.uk
- Tony on Marazion and Drift
- Tuesday 28 August 2012 | Cornwall Bird Watching & Preservation Society on Spotted Crake at Marazion
- holdingmoments on Spotted Crake at Marazion
- anthony miners on Spotted Crake at Marazion
- Sunday 19 August 2012 | Cornwall Bird Watching & Preservation Society on Osprey fishing at Drift